Friday, August 14, 2009

Back from blogging hiatus.........

So, I've been super lazy with my blogging these last 2 and a half months and the blog-worthy events have been piling up. I promised myself I was going to stay on top of blogging, but what can I say... I was doing so good for a while, until our big Hawaii trip in June (more on that still to come) which is a huge post that I just kept putting off.

So this post will serve for now as a no-we're-not-dead update on what we've been up to this last little while.

********************

In preparation for the significant free-time-reduction that will occur at the end of October, Brad and I decided to go on a big trip as our last hurrah - just the two (and a half) of us before we become 3. We got a good (not great - Brad's Masters class final conflicted with the great deal, bummer) deal on a 7-day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands for the beginning of June. We were in Hawaii for a total of 10 days (June 5-14) so, as a teaser for the more detailed post soon to follow (I hope), here is 1 picture for every day of our spectacular Babymoon, as we've heard it called:

Brad sitting at the deck gun on the Bowfin Submarine in Pearl Harbor - Oahu.


U.S.S. Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor - Oahu.


The beautiful Road to Hana - Maui.


Amazing black sand beach - Maui.


Kilauea Caldera Volcano - Big Island of Hawaii.


Waterfall inside Hawaiian Botanical Gardens - Big Island of Hawaii.


Absolutely breathtaking view from our helicopter ride over Kauai - it was so hard to choose just one picture for this! I love that you can see the reef so clearly in this picture and how gorgeous turquoise the water is.


At the Smith Family Luau - these two fine gentlemen are digging up our dinner. The piggy was DELICIOUS! - Kauai


Braddy and me in front of the Laie Hawaii Temple. The grounds are gorgeous - Oahu.


Our last day in Hawaii, we met up with my Uncle Mike and his friend Steve for breakfast on the back patio of a hotel on Waikiki Beach. It was fun to catch up, and the scenery was picturesque - Oahu.

********************

Father's Day was the first Sunday after we returned from Hawaii, and this is what I got for Brad:

Happy late Father's Day, Honey!

Also on Father's Day, we visited with my family in OC. And this is one thing I did while we were there:
It's a big change for me, but I love it - special thanks to my sister, Claire, who is a fabulous hair dresser! I cut off a total of 11 inches and donated it to Locks of Love.

P.s. Anyone in So. Cal. or OC who is looking for a great hair stylist - Claire's email address is clairedoeshair@gmail.com. She is amazing at doing hair - cut, color, weave, up-do, you name it! Her salon is in San Juan Capistrano.

********************

On July 20-26, Brad and I were in Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks with Brad's family for our annual Jeppson Family Vacation. We visited Yosemite for 3 days, Sequoias for 2 days, and then drove the few hours back down to our apartment in El Segundo where all 8 of us stayed for 3 more days. It was a little squishy, but it was a blast. This was the first family vacation we have had (while Brad and I have been married) with everyone home from their missions. The first 2 years, Brad's younger brother Brandon was on his mission in Russia; and Brad's next youngest brother Jordan just got home from his mission in Peru in April of this year. It is fun to see all the Jeppson brothers together again; we call them the 3 stooges. I don't have any pictures of our trip yet, I will have to get them from my sister-in-law Jen (Brandon's wife).

While we were on our family vacation, Braddy turned the big 2-7 (on July 22)!! And it just so happened that Jelly Bean was also exactly 27 weeks along on Brad's 27th birthday. His birthday present from me was the Star Wars movies 1-6 on DVD. Happy late birthday, Love!

********************

2 weeks after Brad's birthday (9 days ago, today) we had another fun day to celebrate. On August 5th, 2005 Brad and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. 4 years and one baby bump later, we are happy, healthy, and so excited to have a little one on the way. Because our big Hawaii trip also served as our anniversary adventure this year, we kept our celebrations on the actual day a little more low key. We went out to dinner at El Torrito that night before I went to mutual, and the following Saturday we went shopping together. I can't believe 4 years has gone by already. We have so much fun together, and I'm excited to see where else life will lead us in the years to come. Happy late 4-year anniversary, Babe!

August 5, 2005

June 13, 2009 (This was in the Visitor's Center at the Laie, HI temple - I didn't take a picture of us on our anniversary and this is the closest I have.)

********************

Well, that should do it for now. I will post more about our Hawaii and Yosemite/Sequoia Trips soon. Thanks to all those who kept reminding me to update our blog!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Yay! Looks like you guys had a great time in Hawaii (I'm so jealous!) You look so cute with your baby bump! You'll be done in no time!

The Mendenhall Clan said...

YEA!!! u updated the blog! i loved it. even tho i already knew everything about ur summer!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy!! Happy 4 years, wow I din't know you two had been married that long! Congratulations!

korth fam said...

what a wonderful post!! Congrats on 4yrs!! I look forward to more Hawaii, those were some beautiful pics!

Heidi said...

Thanks for posting about all of your adventures. Sounds like you have had a great summer. You are so cute pregnant!

Unknown said...

Happy Four years to you too! And you are one hott mama Dan!!